The Blame Game

How can I, one soul, bear the responsibility of a million failed lives?

How can I, one soul, shoulder the burden of a crumbling World?

How can I, one soul, define or defend the innocent, lost innocence?

How can I, one soul, replete the ravaged lands, plasticised waters?

How can I, one soul, stand between the willingly divided, disconnected?

How can I, one soul, rail against fear fueled hatred that buckles will?

How can I, one soul, relieve the poverty that cripples minds and limbs?

How can I, one soul, vanquish the faceless, ego masturbator, corrupter?

How can I, one soul, stave off starvation, gluttony, excessive insufficiency?

How can I, one soul, save the dreams of children disabused of childhood?

How can I, one soul, prevent the willful, blind destruction of sentient life?

How can I, one soul, bemoan life’s evils without first asking Why can’t I?

Lisa x

21 comments for “The Blame Game

1. January 23, 2019 at 10:22 am

A brilliant poem. Yes, why can’t I?

Liked by 1 person

2. January 23, 2019 at 10:25 am

Nice one..👏👍

Liked by 1 person

3. January 23, 2019 at 10:29 am

Excellent poem!

Liked by 1 person

4. blindzanygirl
    January 23, 2019 at 11:04 am

A very deep question Lisa. And none of us can do any of this alone. I love the phrases you have used in this poem to depict the way the world is today.

Liked by 1 person

• January 23, 2019 at 11:51 am

No you’re right Lorraine we can’t do it alone but we can’t wait for someone else to take the first step otherwise the first step will never be taken xx

Liked by 1 person

• blindzanygirl
        January 23, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Of course. I think it’s a process of getting people actually thinking. I feel that our society nowadays has become so self centred and egotistical. Not much that I oersonally can do nowadays, but I used to be a bit of a Campaigner.

Liked by 1 person

• January 23, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Again, I think that’s a really valid point; thinking is definitely the way forward, we humans seem to have become more and more sheep like over recent years ;O) xx

Liked by 1 person

• blindzanygirl
        January 23, 2019 at 1:03 pm

I like what you just said Lisa. About humans gaving become like sheep. Well, many have. I can’t imagine YOU being a sheep. And neither am I. But sadly for many, it has become like that. I guess we just have to begin where we can, inwhatever way we can. Then hope that it grows. It kind of feels overwhelming doesn’t it, when you see so much in the world that needs addressing and changing. I think, a tually, there has been so much devaluing of human lufe that there is a kind of immunity to the sufferin that goes on. You could becomquite Foidbank abouit for too long. For me, the little things are what I CAN do. Bthe Foidbank is ONE. And I at least feel I can make a BIT of a difference by giving to that. I think we should never underestimate the power of our pens either.

Liked by 1 person

• January 23, 2019 at 1:14 pm

It’s always difficult to stand in opposition against public opinion but no, like you, I will never be a sheep ;O) Yes, it does feel very overwhelming because, as you say, we are almost becoming immune to suffering. Yes, what is it they said about the pen being mightier than the sword ;O) xx

5. January 23, 2019 at 5:08 pm

If everyone asked that question of themselves, one soul would become one voice from millions of souls.

Liked by 2 people

6. January 23, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Slowly, one step at a time, and with the help of all like minded people around the world!
    Hugs to you Lisa. xx