This post, in which I will attempt (and possibly fail) to answer questions in a deep and meaningful way is thanks to the lovely Tom over at Tom Being Tom who nominated me for this award. Yep those are the words that are causing all the excitement; I know, I know, you’ve seen it all before but, in my mind, I’m walking up the red carpet with my acceptance speech clutched in my sweaty little hand!
So, first things first – a big thank you to Tom for the nomination and for being one of the lovely souls who’ve made me feel so welcome in the wonderful world of blogging and kept me entertained with his thought provoking posts.
To take part in this, if I’ve understood correctly (and there’s always a good chance that I haven’t) I need to tell you 11 things about me, then answer Tom’s questions and then nominate some others to take part so here goes:
- It turns out that I love writing; only realised that in the last few months since I started this blog and it came as something of a shock let me tell you
- For most of my working life I was an accountant – now you know why I was shocked by the writing revelation.
- I am 52 years old. I’m not actually sure how that happened as I was pretty convinced when I was a teenager that I wouldn’t live past 25
- I think that animals are far nicer than people despite the fact that their conversation usually isn’t up to much
- I can’t watch Walt Disney cartoons as they make me cry, I was inconsolable 10 minutes into Watership Down
- I love reading and currently have 468 books on my Kindle all of which I’ve read…some more than once
- I’m a speed fanatic – I love motorbikes, fast cars and galloping horses
- I have a weakness for shoes……and handbags……..and clothes
- I don’t like confrontation unless I’m defending someone else
- Platform call centres really irritate me
- If I was put in a white room which had a red button on the wall saying “Do Not Push under Any Circumstances”, I’d probably push it.
Moving on to Tom’s questions and my answers:
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? I’d like to have the power to make everyone I meet laugh and forget their problems
- Would you use it for others, primarily, or for yourself? It would be for others but, at the same time, I know it would make me feel good
- Twenty years from today, someone hands you a potion and a piece of paper. They say you can drink the potion and live forever or open the paper and see when you will die. Which would you choose? I’d return them both, thank them kindly and get on with my life without looking back
- Would you be in favor of universal healthcare in America? Yes with the caveat that no-one could sue the hospitals for malpractice – I’ve seen what that has done to the NHS in the UK
- How about universal background checks on gun purchases in America? Yes, absolutely!
- What about universal domination of the cosmos by America? I think that job is already taken ;O)
- Do you wish, at this point, that there were only 7 questions? No, it’s fun!
- Are alien species visiting the Earth? I certainly hope so
- Was JFK killed as part of a conspiracy plot? I don’t know and I don’t think we will ever know but it wouldn’t surprise me
- Should a person do what they do best, as a means of personal income, or what they love most, if the two are not the same? What they love most, no question but I think, if you have a true passion for something, it will become the thing that you do best.
- When you were 11 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A psychiatrist (of all things!) or an opera singer…
This is actually fun and these were definitely more interesting than the ‘what’s your favourite colour type questions – thanks Tom :O) So now I have to think up some questions and who to nominate……
Over to you Darren at Artyplantsman and Traci at atgofion also Ragazza Triste and Robyn at Autism Family Power; you’re all great bloggers and lovely people and I really hope that you’ll manage to find some time to join in with this :O)
So these are the questions that I have for you guys:
- If you could have the life of a TV character whose would it be and why?
- What always makes you smile even when you are feeling down?
- What are you most afraid of – your weaknesses or your strengths?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the most bizarre dream you’ve ever had?
- What do you do to relax?
- What’s your biggest vice?
- Do you believe that we create our own destiny or that our lives are pre-determined?
- Which cartoon character do you most identify with?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- If you were told you had 24 hours to live what would you do with your last day on earth?
Ok, that’s it finished! Thanks again Tom and now I’m passing on the baton……
Have a lovely Sunday everyone